Saturday, June 19, 2010

Pony Party Cupcakes

The rule around here is if it's your party, you get to choose the cake.  For her party, my daughter chose pony cupcakes from Hello, Cupcake!  One thing I have learned about this cookbook is that I cannot expect our final product to look like the photos in the cookbook, although I have a friend with an amazing-baker daughter who turns out cupcakes that look exactly like the photos!  That girl has a future in some kind of fine craftsmanship! 


We started with a basic vanilla cupcake recipe, to make 24 cupcakes.  I was trying to get these done myself, between various Saturday activities and when I dished the batter up into the paper cups, I only had enough for 12 cupcakes.  See that measuring cup with all the liquids?  Yup, it needed to go in the mix....cooking as therapy for perfectionist leanings!   Lucky for the weekend schedule, the cupcakes turned out fine once the batter was complete.



The kids had a great time assembling the necks, spots, and heads, and we managed to turn out a reasonable looking herd of ponies.  The mini-cupcake tufts of grass were an inspired aunt's contribution to the party pasture. 





We also gave the ice-cream maker another whirl - this time with cream - and it worked much better.  I'm not sure we've found the right combination yet though.  Ah well, we'll have to keep on trying!


No comments:

Post a Comment