Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Baked Apples - Not Quite There Yet....

I like the way these photos show the evolution of our baked apples:







You'll notice that these apples somehow managed to be half-firm, half-collapsed.  I'm befuddled.  We used the same recipe before and the apples were fantastic.  This time, they weren't.  And neither kid is interested in eating the leftovers (that was most decidely not the case last time around!)

We'll have to get back with you on this one.

In the meantime, back to Thanksgiving preparations!

2 comments:

  1. Wait a minute - even I can cook baked apples w/o a recipe. Plus, I have a great one, though maybe not for kids. Rome apples?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We used Granny Smiths and this time it just didn't turn out as well as before. The first time, they were heavenly - with a cider, maple syrup reduction....oh my. This time, not so much.

    What's your recipe?

    ReplyDelete