Saturday, August 14, 2010

Chipolte Cheddar Biscuits from Baked

This is one of my sisters, taking on a new recipe with her niece.


She brought Baked: New Frontiers in Baking with her on vacation and they tried the chipolte cheddar biscuits out.  My sister began with a caveat "I'm not a calm cook like your mom, okay?"  Then proceeded to test my daughter's full range of skills, from measuring to mixing to grating. 

My son popped in for a few minutes to see how things were going, and to see my new favorite ingredient: chipolte pepper powder!  If you've ever had those leftover cans of chipolte peppers and sauce, this is for you!  I can never use an entire can, and I've frozen the leftovers for "later" but "later" is buried somewhere in the back of my freezer with those ziplocs!


They put together a huge batch of biscuits that didn't last much past the morning breakfast rush.


The chipolte powder made these flavorful without being too hot - even the kids enjoyed eating them.  In fact, my daughter's only complaint was that they had too much cheese in them.

We sampled a few other things from that cookbook, and when I got home, I had the local bookstore order me a copy!  Can't wait to make some more of those here.

Thanks, sis!

No comments:

Post a Comment