Sunday, February 20, 2011

Egg Shell Tip

This tip comes from Talia, who taught it to me.  If you crack an egg, and a piece of shell goes into the egg, it's hard to get it out, right?  Chasing those bits around with your fingers is like trying to catch a cat when it's time to go to the vet's office.  Good luck.

Well, if you take a larger piece of shell, you can use it to scoop out the smaller pieces.  It really works.  I don't know why, but there must be a good reason somewhere in the food-science world.

What I do know is she read this in a storybook at school about Hanukkah and the people in the story were making Latkes.  A kid dropped a shell and the grandmother taught her the trick.  Then my daughter taught it to me.  Wish I'd read that book a long time ago....

No comments:

Post a Comment