Thursday, April 15, 2010

Crock Pot Stew

Nights like tonight, I love the crock pot.  I knew we'd get home late and hungry.  Last night, I tossed together a beef stew and stashed the crock in the fridge.  This morning, I put it in the crock pot, set one of those timers in the outlet and plugged 'er in.  An hour or so after we left the house, it turned on, cooking:

1.5 lbs stew beef, cut into chunks
3 yukon gold potatos, cut into chunks
4 large carrotts, peeled and cut into 2-inch lengths
4 scallions, roughly chopped
2 14-ounce cans of fire-roasted diced tomatos
1 can of tomato paste
2 cups of broth
2 bay leaves
several grinds of black pepper
a dash of salt....


When we're not in such a famished state, I like to cook some egg noodles or some rice to serve with the stew, but this evening, dinner was on the table in a record 3 minutes.
Thank goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment