Monday, April 26, 2010

So easy children can make it!

My son got to name tonight's entry, since he made dinner.  We had class after work & school, so I had ingredients for a pretty quick soup ready at home.  We each grabbed some crackers and I chopped 1 shallot and 3 cloves of garlic.  He added heat and a little olive oil:


Then he added a can of creamed corn:


That simmered in the pan for a few minutes while he peeled then grated two large carrots in the food processor (yes, I assembled that machine). 


The corn had gotten a little toasty and thick by then and smelled wonderful. He added the carrots and a carton of chicken broth and brought it to a boil:


The final additions were 3 cups of extra-wide egg noodles and some diced ham I'd defrosted and diced.  After about 10 minutes boiling on the stove top (with the lid on), dinner was made:


Indeed, it's so easy, children can make it!  My daughter wandered in just as the plates were ready to be served, showing off her new bubble-gum-blowing abilities.  He proudly handed her a bowl, "it's really amazing soup night!" I was hoping for leftovers for tomorrow, but....it was delish!

2 comments:

  1. What about the crackers? Did they go in the soup, or were they to hold you over until it was ready?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were a holding over snack - not in the soup!

    ReplyDelete