Thursday, April 8, 2010

Food is for Sharing

My sisters sent my son a box of cookies for his birthday.  A perfect gift, in his opinion.  He opened the box, counted the cookies, and promptly offered to share with his sister.


For the record, I don't think I ever had the impuse to share my birthday or holiday stash with my sisters.

"She's nice to me," was his reason.


"I wasn't that generous with my sisters," I mused out loud.

"Well, your cookies would have been gone faster!" he reasoned.  True, one sister versus three. 

I think they just get along really well, but it remided me of one of the reasons I want my kids to learn how to cook.  Because food is for sharing.

Although I still find it easier to share dinner than my personal stash of chocolates, maybe I'll take a lesson from the younger ones and share those chocolates.  Tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment